Why Choose Holy Family?
"As a student here, I actually feel like it is a family. I feel like I have over 600 brothers and sisters at Holy Family." ~Matthew Hart '16
Holy Family High School is a Catholic College Preparatory high school established in 1922 by the Sisters of Loretto. Our students and alumni celebrate many traditions passed on through the years, including our school colors of purple and gold, the "tiger" mascot, the "Vista" yearbook and the "LampPost" newspaper. Over the years the graduates have contributed significantly to the growth of Colorado, our nation and our Church. The rich and proud heritage of Holy Family will continue to attract students long into the 21st Century.
Holy Family faculty and staff have earned multiple advanced degrees and have received recognition for numerous awards and publications. Faculty and Staff have a wealth of diverse experiences and backgrounds, which they share with the school community. Encouraged to pursue professional development opportunities, teachers seek to bring fresh perspectives and new information to their classrooms. Our educators see their work as a vocation, not merely as a job.
Holy Family was recognized for Excellence in Academics by the Cardinal Newman Society in 2012-2013, and 2014-2015.
Each HFHS student participates in an Apostolic Ministry program which provides an opportunity for them to live out the Gospel mandates of Jesus Christ through service to others.
Examples of student service include:
- Helping the Elks assemble and deliver food baskets to local families
- Starting Covered with Love Foundation, a blanket project for children
- Tutoring low-achieving middle school students
- Volunteering at soup kitchens and homeless shelters
- Sponsoring Little D, an orphan from India
- Visiting nursing home residents and hospital patients
- Building homes with Habitat for Humanity
- Raising funds to build homes for disadvantaged people by cycling coast to coast with the Bike and Build program
- One Sandwich at a Time
HFHS is recognized nationally for its academic programs:
- Recognized as a Top 50 Catholic High School in the Nation in 2011-2012
- Recognized for Excellence in Academics by the Cardinal Newman Society in 2012-2013, and 2014-2015
- Recognized by the Denver Business Journal as a top 10 private school in their 2015-2016 edition of their Book of Lists
HFHS graduates are regularly accepted to the top colleges and universities throughout the United States:
- 100% of our graduating seniors are accepted to college
- In 2017, 100% of our graduating seniors matriculated on to college or the military
- The students in the graduating class of 2017 were offered more than $16 million dollars in merit-based scholarships to colleges and universities across the United States
- Over the past five years, HFHS graduates have been offered over $67 million dollars in merit based scholarships
- HF is in the top 1% of schools in the state of Colorado. Over the past ten years the average HFHS SAT and ACT scores have significantly exceeded local, state and national averages, including students who have achieved five perfect scores on the ACT and SAT in the past five years
- HF Students achieved a perfect score on the Physics exam at the Colorado School of Mines for the first time and second time in school history
HFHS has outstanding athletic and co-curricular programs that have achieved great success and recent recognition:
- Class 4A 2nd in State Volleyball Champions, 2016
- Class 3A State Baseball Champions in 2010, 2013, and 2014
- Class 3A State Girls Basketball Champions in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014
- Class 2A State Football Champions in 2002 and 2005
- Class 3A State Cheerleading Champions in 2004
- Class 3A State Softball Champions in 2006
- Winning top honors for Class 3A at Colorado High School Press Associations Journalism Day
- Holy Family has been featured on US News & World Report for research
they are doing at Northwestern University
- Mock Trial Regional Champions in 2014-2015