Holy Family High School administration has been working on COVID-19 related policies with the desire to operate this school year as close to normal as possible.
Broomfield maintains high vaccination rates and the vaccine remains highly-effective in protecting against COVID-19. 81% of Broomfield residents age 12+ have initiated or completed vaccination. Due to increases in cases of the delta variant across the country and continuing guidance from Broomfield Public Health, we are recommending that all individuals in the school building wear masks regardless of vaccination status.
COVID-19 Policies (2021-22)
- Holy Family High School recommends that all individuals in the school building wear masks regardless of vaccination status. Unvaccinated individuals are strongly encouraged to wear masks as they are the most vulnerable.
- Masks worn on campus must be of a solid color and not include words or inappropriate/distracting designs.
- While Holy Family does not currently mandate students and staff be vaccinated, we, along with federal, state, and local health officials, encourage anyone who is eligible for the vaccine to receive one.
- All positive cases will be required to isolate and stay home for 10 days to protect others, pursuant to statutory and regulatory public health authority.
- An individual who is fully vaccinated (at least two weeks after their last dose of the COVID-19 vaccine) is not required to quarantine if exposed to a positive COVID-19 case.
- Unvaccinated students and staff who have close contact to a positive COVID-19 case will be required to quarantine for a period of 10 days.
- Students in 10-day quarantine are not allowed to participate in athletics, performing arts events or academic clubs during their quarantine period.
- Holy Family will only directly notify students or staff who have close contact to a positive COVID-19 case.
- Quarantine periods are determined by guidance from the local health department and could change during the school year.
- Remote Learning will not be offered. Students in quarantine will obtain course work via Google Classroom.
- School doors will open at 7:30 a.m. on regular school days and 9:00 a.m. on 10:00 a.m. Late Start days.
- There will not be staggered dismissal this school year, all students will be dismissed according to the regular bell schedule.
- Holy Family will celebrate the all-school monthly Masses outdoors or in the auxiliary gymnasium.
- Outside visitors during the school day are required to have an appointment to enter the school building.
- Students are required to sit in assigned seats according to the teacher’s seating chart.
- Traffic in hallways is no longer one-directional and students will have the ability to use lockers.
- Holy Family will comply with all guidance published by the Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA).
- Students in 10-day quarantine are not allowed to participate in athletic practices or events.
- Holy Family’s bipolar ionization air purification system has been enhanced with several new HVAC units that are continually circulating air in and out of the building.
If you are feeling sick, please stay at home.
*All COVID-19 related policies could change based on state and local health guidance.