DISTANCE LEARNING – Student Expectations
Starting Monday, March 30, 2020
Expected Work Day (We understand there may be circumstances that may not allow this to take place every day, please make sure that as students, you communicate those instances with your teacher. Proactive communication is key.)
- School Day: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Teachers available for support 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Purple and Gold Day Schedules (March 30th is a Gold Day)
- Block 1 - 9:00 a.m. - 9:50 a.m.
- Block 2 - 10:00 a.m. - 10:50 a.m.
- Block 3 - 11:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
- Block 4 - 12:00 p.m. - 12:50 p.m.
- Teacher Access - 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (via email, Google classroom, Google hangout, Zoom, etc.)
- We are also asking that students engage in DAILY MASS OR PRAYER. We know this can be challenging, but we are asking all students to engage in 30 minutes of prayer and thoughtful reflection each day as part of the required hours of instructional time. Father Joe has created a Faith Formation page that students may access using the Classroom Code: cql3bjw
- Attendance is based on completion and will be primarily determined by the work completed. A student will be marked present when they turn in completed work.
Attendance is expected, the administration will be notified if students are not participating.
Attendance will also be monitored by:
- Checking-in with your teacher (email, Google Classroom, etc.)
- Attend a live entire class video conference (Zoom, Google Hangout, etc.)
- Post information in Google Classroom
Daily Expectations for Assignments
- Students are expected to complete all assignments (as this is a way to measure attendance).
- Assignments will have a 3:00 p.m. due time on the block day a student has that class. This could be the next block day for larger assignments.
- If a student is having difficulty completing an assignment, they should reach out to their teacher. Teachers will work with students on all assignments to ensure they are completed.
- Teachers will assess all work assigned, there will be no ‘busy work’