The Mathematics and Computer Science Department presents mathematics using real-life applications, and encourages student understanding of the underlying mathematical concepts as well as the ability to perform basic arithmetic operations. Each student is encouraged to develop mathematical and computer literacy needed for citizenship and employment in the 21st century. As teachers, we model Catholic values through our actions and words. We encourage our students to become responsible young adults through dedication to their mathematical studies.
“Through our efforts, guidance, and delivery of curricular objectives, each student will be able”:
- To become mathematical problem solvers.
- To learn to communicate mathematically both in oral and written form.
- To learn to reason mathematically.
- To make mathematical and computer connections.
- To become confident of mathematical and computer abilities.
- To learn the value of mathematical and computer science.
See the Course Description Booklet for more details.