Based on the values of Jesus Christ, the mission of the Physical Education Department is to teach and reinforce the spiritual, mental and physical attributes of each Holy Family student. Physical Education classes instill a sense of respect and integrity along with teamwork, sportsmanship and responsibility for self growth. Physical education classes should be educational and fun for all ability levels. As a staff, we are devoted to the beliefs of the Catholic Church and the gifts of love through Jesus Christ.
“Through our efforts, guidance, and delivery of curricular objectives, each student will be able”:
- To develop the principles of team work and working together for a common cause.
- To develop leadership skills.
- To develop principles of good sportsmanship.
- To help develop basic fundamental skills in the activities taught.
- To provide an enjoyable experience that may lead to a lifetime of leisure sport and fitness.
- To develop an understanding of the basic rules and regulations of the activities taught.
- To develop a positive self image in each student.
- To develop the total student through physical and mental exercise.
- To appreciate the contributions of great sportsmen by reading and writing about their accomplishments.
- To play the song God gave us to play.
See the Course Description Booklet for more details.